Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Not someone's best guess...

Because of all the commotion with moving, I didn't get out a post during this April's LDS General Conference. Thankfully I did get the chance to view the conference over the Internet. This one of my favorite quotes, from Dieter F. Uchtdorf (Full text of his talk) :

"This gospel does not come from man. The doctrine of the Church is not someone's best guess as to the meaning of ancient scripture. It is the truth of heaven revealed by God Himself. I testify that Joseph Smith saw what he said he saw. He truly looked into the heavens and communed with God the Father and the Son, and with angels."

This quote describes why I choose to belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I believe that to have an effective organized religion, God himself must lead it.

The following highlight video from the conference shows a good example of how God inspires and speaks through the leaders of the Church. The men speaking in the video are "apostles" (the same kind as in the Bible), and their assignment is to lead the Church and be special witnesses of Jesus Christ.

No comments: