Sunday, October 12, 2008

What do you do at the Happiest Place on Earth?

We've lived in Southern California for over 3 years and have not yet set foot in Disneyland. (I've hit the Rose Bowl, Dodger Stadium, and the Staples Center, so I guess my priorities lie elsewhere.) Thanks to an overseas visit we'll be getting from my sister, we've finally scheduled a magical day to check out "The Happiest Place on Earth". But that's the catch- we have one day, probably 6 hours if the kids do real well and we try to beat traffic.

So what are the "must-see" places in Disneyland with a 3-year-old, a 1-year-old, and 6 hours? Any tips for taking young children there? I'm hoping some of you friends with Disneyland experience can guide me on this one...

4 comments:

Jodi said...

Sorry, I have never been either, well unless you count when I was 4.

0 : ) said...

For a three and 1-year old, stick to fantasy land rides. Dumbo is a great one. The 3 year old will probably like Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters. Finding Nemo is also a good one for both. Also visit Toontown and visit Mickey's Home.

Josh said...

Daniel will definently love the Buzz Lightyear ride. Toontown for kids is a must, and if Daniel likes Peter Pan, maybe that ride also. It's a small world is fun. Check out the fast pass options that all people are entitled to. That way you won't have to wait in long lines with your kids who might get a little impatient waiting. You should have a great time! When are you going?

gregg + camille said...

I hear the ride "its a small world" was just redone! That is a good kid ride. My favorite ride has ALWAYS been Indian Jones - but its not a kid ride! I agree with Josh, Toonetown has lots of small "cartoony" things for the kids to play on and with...just don't forget the sanitary wipes!!!