Monday, August 18, 2008

Pinkberry smoothie: Smooth, but not pink

Had another Southern California experience a few weeks ago visiting my first Pinkberry. This is a minimalist, hip frozen yogurt establishment that currently exists only in California and New York. It’s designed to make you feel cool enough to shell out a few more bucks to get Cap’n Crunch and kiwi fruit on the side of your Green Tea flavored yogurt. For the Word of Wisdom compliant, there’s regular frozen yogurt, shaved ice, or a smoothie, which is what I tried.

The Pinkberry smoothie is not pink, but it definitely has berries in it. I think its purple color and abundance of hard seeds come from the blackberries. The smoothie has a very milky taste which I wasn’t crazy about at the time, but the more I think about it, the more I really want another one. It may be time for another family trip to Victoria Gardens

No comments: