Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Eight generations on an 8.5 x 11 sheet

I've started a project researching which of my ancestors were the first in their families to join the Mormon church. I have a lot of respect for these ancestors as several of them joined the Church at a time when Mormons were violently persecuted for their beliefs (one ancestor was even murdered, along with 16 others, in an event known as the Haun's Mill massacre).

I hoped to get as many generations as possible into one pedigree chart so I could easily visualize the branches of my family and mark who was the first Mormon in each branch. In doing so, I found this excellent 8-generation fan chart created by Duane A. Bailey. You can print it out on a regular 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper. Eight generations is usually just enough to get back past 1830 when the Church was organized, so this chart is perfect for my project. Thanks, Duane!

No comments: