Monday, June 30, 2008

Welcome

The purpose of this blog is to give you a view into the life of a common, contemporary Mormon dad. I hope to write this in a way that will be easy to understand if you're curious about who Mormons are, what they are like, and what they do.

Mormons are frequently misrepresented in the media. Elder M. Russell Ballard, a Mormon apostle, recently wrote, "We cannot stand on the sidelines while others, including our critics, attempt to define what the Church teaches." With this blog I hope to come off "the sidelines" to share with you what I believe and how it has blessed my family.

Some posts on this blog won't be directly related to my faith or my family. I hope to review inspiring books, music, websites, and other things that I learn about. The purpose of these posts is to show that Mormons do not seclude themselves from everything in the world; but that they actively look for things "of good report" no matter what the source.

The opinions in this blog are my own and do not necessarily represent official doctrines of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, which you can find on www.mormon.org. However, I like to think that my views don't vary from mainstream Mormonism.

I've been very blessed in life with a wonderful family, a valuable education, and enough to provide food, clothing, and shelter for my family. My wife, my children, and I have a lot of fun together. I believe the love we have in our family comes largely through attempting to live the teachings of Jesus Christ. Whether or not you share the Mormon faith, I thank you for joining me on this blog and hope you'll find something of worth here.

No comments: